We realize that it ‘takes a village’, so to promote positive youth development, CORE offers various training and booster sessions to support local efforts in helping Erie youth.
- With support and funding provided by the United Way of Erie County, CORE offers Asset Training for participating schools and nonprofit organizations in Erie County. Asset Training can be tailored for each site’s audience (i.e. parents, religious leaders, educators, and/or community members). Training sessions are within 2-4 hours and booster sessions are also available.
- For more information, please contact our PYD Coordinator, Abbe Biebel at [email protected] or (814) 898-6297
- Informed by The National Mentoring Partnership and working closely with The National Mentoring Partnership of Southwester Pennsylvania, CORE staff are trained to provide research-based and best practices mentor training for Erie County. Mentor Training 101 sessions are relevant for high school students, college students, educators, coaches, religious leaders, and community members. CORE often offers this 3-hour training three times during September-October for interested parties.
- For more information, please contact our Mentor Coordinator, Mary Baird at [email protected] or (814) 898-6514
- To ensure that mentors are equip with the ‘know how’ to relate to their mentees, CORE offers booster sessions throughout the academic school year. These sessions are open to the public and feature an array of speakers from the Erie community, as well as the Penn State Behrend.
Stay tuned for upcoming Booster Sessions!